Meyer’s latest release is a follow-up to the popular book, Beauty for Ashes. The author focuses on emotional healing from past hurts and the redeeming love of Christ. She helps the reader discover how to love and trust again. Meyer’s speaks from experience, and she shares personal stories (including abuse) throughout the book. Biblical wisdom, Scripture verses, and inspiring quotes reinforce her points. She offers practical advice on areas such as: guilt and shame, self-pity, the healthy soul, standing up for yourself, and establishing boundaries. Learning to trust God is key in healing.
The book begins with a history of women. It then goes on to uncover the lies Satan uses to bind us to our past pains. The book ends with an informative appendix (including one that reminds the reader who they are in Christ) and a journaling section.
Some of my favorite quotes include:
· “God’s Word is medicine for your wounded soul.”
· “We all crave acceptance, but the greatest need we have is to accept our unique selves.”
· “We cannot change the way things were, but we can go forward and never look back.”
· “It is what you believe about yourself that really matters.”
· “The best kind of life is only found in God because He is life, and the life that we call ours is a gift from Him.”
Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy from the publisher, but I wasn’t required to leave a positive review.