Osteen’s latest provides a reminder that it is possible to focus on the positive, even in a difficult situation. Numerous personal stories are included to punctuate Osteen’s points. Some of them may be familiar if you listen to his sermons on TV or Sirius Radio or if you have read some of his other books. However, they are stories that are beneficial to hear more than once.
I have read numerous books by Osteen, and I have yet to be disappointed. The books, along with his messages in general, always contain nuggets of wisdom and truth that can be applied to circumstances in my life, since they are very relatable. As with past books, I highlighted numerous passages in this one, and it is a book I will refer back to when I need encouragement and help with focusing on the positive. If that is what you are looking for, I think you will enjoy this book.
Some of my favorite quotes:
- “Have a new perspective: the dark places are opportunities to grow.”
- “Do what you can, but trust God to do what you can’t.”
- “Faith is trusting God when life doesn’t make sense.”
- “When you’re in the middle, you need to remind yourself that this too shall pass. It’s temporary.”
- “If you’re waiting for all the details, you’ll be waiting your whole life.”
- “Be bold, be courageous, and step into the unknown.”
- “The only thing that can stop you is you.”
Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy as part of the FirstWords blogger program, but I wasn’t required to leave a positive review.