Thursday, November 21, 2019

Thankful Thursday: His Encouragement #2



Welcome to Thankful Thursday: His Encouragement. I am blessed to be part of a group of bloggers who'll be sharing a bit of encouragement through Scripture verses. I hope this post blesses you as you finish the week and that you find peace, strength, and comfort in the Lord.





As Thanksgiving approaches, many people see it as a time to take account of what they’re thankful for in their lives. Some even do it the entire month of November. I write in a daily gratitude journal, where I list at least three things for which I’m thankful for from that day. Some days are easier than others. If it’s been a challenging day, one of them may be that I made it through the day … which is a pretty big deal in itself. Near the end of December, I go back through my journal, and I’m always amazed at the many ways God has blessed me over the past year.

Today’s  verse is a poignant reminder that God is good—all the time, not just when things are going our way. It’s a reminder that God doesn’t owe us anything. Every blessing is from His grace because He loves us. 

We all know that life doesn’t always go as planned. In fact, all one has to do is turn on the news or hop on social media to see that the world is ever-changing. But, God doesn’t change. He loves us no matter what, and He is always worthy of our praise.

Today, I’m thankful for many things, including my heavenly Father, my husband, my family (including our turtle!), and my friends. I’m also thankful for you, my readers. I appreciate you stopping by my blog and sharing your stories with me. You bless me in ways you may not even recognize. 


What Scripture is encouraging you today? Share it in the comments.


You can check out more of His Encouragement from my fellow bloggers:

Trisha @ Joy of Reading
Jacquelyn @ A Heavenly Home
Andi @ Radiant Light
Becca @ The Becca Files

If you'd like to join us, please contact Trisha or Nicole

8 comments:

  1. Amen! I am so thankful for God's unchanging, unending love :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am most thankful for Jesus, and I am then thankful for the family He has blessed me with. I have the best family ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) That's definitely a lot to be thankful for, Nicole.

      Delete
  3. 4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Philippians 4:4 is on my mind today. :-) Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great one, Melissa. Thanks for sharing. Happy Thanksgiving!

      Delete
  4. 1 Chronicles 16:4 was one of my mom's favorite verses. I love the idea of a gratitude journal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jacquelyn, I really enjoy doing the journal. It definitely helps keep things in perspective.

      Delete