Thursday, November 7, 2019

Thankful Thursday: His Encouragement #1



Welcome to Thankful Thursday: His Encouragement. I am blessed to be part of a group of bloggers who'll be sharing a bit of encouragement through Scripture verses. I hope this post blesses you as you finish the week and that you find peace, strength, and comfort in the Lord.




I don't know about you, but I stress and worry about the future from time to time. (Okay, maybe a bit more often...) When I find myself doing that, I think back on this verse to encourage and comfort me. 

This verse is a wonderful reminder that no matter what is happening in my life, God has a plan for it. All of it. I may not have any idea how He could use the pain, anxiety, and general craziness, but Jeremiah reminds me that it is all for a greater purpose.

God sees the big picture. We just see what's in front of us. He's already in our future. Nothing that happens to us is ever a surprise to Him. He will use each event we go through for our good and for His glory and purpose. We can take comfort in that knowledge.

What Scripture is encouraging you today? Share it in the comments.


You can check out more of His Encouragement from my fellow bloggers:

Trisha @ Joy of Reading
Jacquelyn @ A Heavenly Home

If you'd like to join us, please contact Trisha or Nicole.

4 comments:

  1. Amen! Jeremiah 29:11 is one of my favorite verses because of this promise. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome. I love it, too, and I sometimes need the reminder.

      Delete
  2. I love this verse! 🙂
    My mantra is "God is the Boss!" It helps me stay focused. When I remember that God is in control it makes the crazy calm down a bit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great mantra to have! It does help when you keep that in mind. For me, the problem is keeping in mind in those stressful moments. It's a work in progress.

      Delete