Friday, November 29, 2019

First Line Friday



Happy Friday! It's time for First Line Friday, hosted by Hoarding Books.

It's time to grab the book nearest to you and leave a comment with the first line. Today on First Line Friday, I'm featuring Once Upon a Dickens Christmas by Michelle Griep.







And the first line is ...

Christmas or not, there was nothing merry about the twisted alleys of Holywell.



About the book...

Three delightful Christmas tales will transport you to the time of Charles Dickens. Pour yourself a cuppa, get lost in the merriment of the season, and enjoy a Dickensian Christmas in three stories from fan favorite Michelle Griep.




Let me know the first line of the book closest to you and then head over to Hoarding Books to see who else is participating.





If you're a blogger or just a social media-er, we'd love for you to join us, too!

8 comments:

  1. Happy Friday!

    Today on my blog I'm sharing the first line from On My Honour by Elizabeth Johns. I'm at the 72% mark in the book, so I'll share another line here.

    "Meg had to do something."

    Happy reading! 🙂❤📖

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and sharing. I haven't read that book. I'll have to check it out.

      Happy reading!

      Delete
  2. My first line is from When I Close My Eyes by Elizabeth Musser :
    October, 2015 Friday
    The lady came out of the book store- it was all decorated for Halloween, all sizes and colors of pumpkins making faces at me from where .i watched across Haywood Street in downtown Asheville.
    Loved that book by Michelle Griep!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paula, that line paints a vivid picture. I'll have to add that book to my list to check out.

      Happy reading!

      Delete
  3. Happy Friday! My first line is from "Ruby Jane: The Montana Marshalls" by Susan May Warren:

    Prologue: "Aw, York just knew this would happen."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Becky. I've seen others reading that book, but I haven't gotten to it yet.

      Happy reading!

      Delete
  4. I read Once Upon a Dickens Christmas earlier this month. Today I'm sharing the first lines from A Distance Too Grand by Regina Scott: "You can't be the photographer."

    https://moments-of-beauty.blogspot.com/2019/11/first-line-fridays-distance-too-grand.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. This week on my blog I shared the first line from Wings Like a Dove by Camille Eide. It's what I'm reading right now so I'll share the first line from my current chapter (9) here: "Anna greeted her students Monday morning with a cheer she did not feel." Have a great weekend and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete