Friday, October 25, 2019

First Line Friday



Happy Friday! It's time for First Line Friday, hosted by Hoarding Books.

It's time to grab the book nearest to you and leave a comment with the first line. Today on First Line Friday, I'm featuring a line from A Cross to Kill by Andrew Huff.




And the first line is ...

Millions of people would witness the murder of Christine Lewis, and not one of them could do anything to stop it.


About the book...


John Cross is a small-town pastor, bent on leading his flock to follow God's calling. He's not the sort of man you'd expect to have a checkered past.

But the truth is, this shepherd was once a wolf--an assassin for the CIA. When John decided to follow Christ, he put that work behind him, determined to do penance for all the lives he took, pledging never to kill again.

Now his deadly past has caught up to him as a vengeful terrorist swears to take him out for good. All John's secrets are laid bare, and he must face his demons and discover whether a man can truly change. Can he keep his vow--even when his congregation and the brave woman he's learning to care for are caught in the cross fire?

In the end, John's life may be the only sacrifice he has left to offer...





Let me know the first line of the book closest to you and then head over to Hoarding Books to see who else is participating.

If you're a blogger or just a social media-er, we'd love for you to join us, too!

10 comments:

  1. Happy Friday!

    Today on my blog, I'm sharing the first line from Always Look Twice by Elizabeth Goddard: https://christianfictiongirl.blog/2019/10/24/first-line-friday-107/. I'm currently on chapter 64, so I'll share a line from there.

    "Harper and Heath stood in the lavish foyer of Trinity History Theater and Museum with hundreds of others."

    Hope you have a great weekend filled with awesome reading time. 🙂❤📖

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicole, I've heard great things about that book, but I haven't read it yet. Thanks for sharing.

      Happy reading!

      Delete
  2. Happy Friday! Today I'm sharing the first line from Strands of Truth by Colleen Coble: "Lisa ran to her Datsun Bluebird and jerked open the yellow door."

    https://moments-of-beauty.blogspot.com/2019/10/first-line-fridays-strands-of-truth-by.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great visuals with that line, Jolene. Thanks for sharing.

      Happy reading!

      Delete
  3. Happy Friday! My first line is from "The Wedding Dress Christmas" by Rachel Hauck:

    "In the glow of the town's newly strung Christmas lights, all her fears seemed to fade."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I really like that book. Thanks for sharing.

      Happy reading!

      Delete
  4. Ooooo, that's an intriguing cover! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. It's a good book.

      Thanks. You have a great weekend, too!

      Delete
  5. Sorry I'm late to visiting this week. On my blog this week I shared the first line from Memories of Glass by Melanie Dobson but I just started reading Coral by Sara Ella so I'll share the first line from chapter 2 here: "This is not my home." Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, Becca.

      I recently finished both of those books :)

      Happy reading!

      Delete