I’m always interested in reading new releases from Joel Osteen. So, I was excited to have the chance to review this book. While some of the material is not necessarily new to those who follow Osteen’s teachings, the information is still a valuable reminder.
Osteen presents ten thoughts to help the reader advance their thoughts to next level thinking, which is needed for a successful and abundant life. Chapters include: The Odds Are for You, Recognize Your Value, Know You Are Loved, Approve Yourself, and Remove the Shame. Encouraging and relevant stories (many of which were shared with the author by church members, friends, or those he’s met around the world) are included, along with pertinent Bible verses, to reinforce the ten points. Many stories demonstrate God’s power when circumstances seemed bleak. If you are looking to reprogram your thinking in an effort to help reach your goals, this is a book to consider.
Some of my favorite quotes include:
· “God didn’t create you to be average.”
· “Where you start is not important. Where you finish is what matters.”
· “You are valuable right now. God calls you a masterpiece. You are one of a kind.”
· “The past doesn’t have to hold you back.”
· “Don’t let negative events from your past become your identity.”
· “Fear doesn’t have any right to you. It doesn’t own you.”
· “Since God approves you, why don’t you start approving yourself?”
Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy from the publisher as part of the FaithWords blogger program. I wasn’t required to leave a positive review.