Thursday, January 9, 2020

Thankful Thursday: His Encouragement #5



Welcome to Thankful Thursday: His Encouragement. I am blessed to be part of a group of bloggers who'll be sharing a bit of encouragement through Scripture verses. I hope this post blesses you as you finish the week and that you find peace, strength, and comfort in the Lord.





Happy New Year! I don't know about you, but at the end of each December, I still write out a few resolutions I hope to achieve in the upcoming year. I also look over the ones I wrote the prior year to see what progress, if any, I made on them. Many years, I'm pleasantly surprised to see that I made some headway on what I'd hoped to achieve. Of course, there are always things I didn't "complete." Some resolutions come along into the new year, and some don't. I used to get down on myself for not being able to check off all I'd resolved to do in the past year. About eight years ago, I revamped how I did things after reading about "one word." While I still write a few resolutions, I've changed the focus of them, and I've added in the concept of "one word" to focus on for the new year. This has helped me keep a more positive outlook on things.

Many people view a new year as the perfect time to revive big dreams and make new plans. It's a clean slate. A fresh start. Everything seems bright.

For Christ-followers, there's no need to wait for a new year to be excited about the future. God has a plan for each of us. It's grander than we could ever envision. And, it's not dependent on whether or not we meet yearly resolutions. You can rest in the fact that today's verse is as true as it ever has been:

There is surely a future hope for you, and your hope will not be cut off.


Have a blessed New Year!



What Scripture is encouraging you today? Share it in the comments.


You can check out more of His Encouragement from my fellow bloggers:

Trisha @ Joy of Reading
Jacquelyn @ A Heavenly Home
Andi @ Radiant Light
Becca @ The Becca Files

If you'd like to join us, please contact Trisha or Nicole


4 comments:

  1. Amen! No matter what life throws at me my future hope is never diminished or destroyed. God is good, and He's got His kids. 🙂🙌

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try not to make new years resolutions because they often don't last long but I like making goals and seeing how far I've come. Hope you are able to achieve your goals this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Becca. I agree. I like to see that even if I'm not where I thought or hoped I'd be, I'm not where I used to be, either :)

      Delete