Friday, January 24, 2020

First Line Friday



Happy Friday! It's time for First Line Friday, hosted by Hoarding Books.

It's time to grab the book nearest to you and leave a comment with the first line. Today on First Line Friday, I'm featuring the upcoming release from Virginia Vaughan, Killer Insight. 




And the first line is ...

FBI agent Lucy Sanderson stopped running, rested her hands on her knees and tried to catch her breath. 

About the book...

From profiling criminals to being hunted by a killer.

Asking FBI agent Lucy Sanderson to profile the Back Roads Killer is the only way Bryce Tippett can prove his brother is innocent--unless Lucy becomes the next victim. When someone begins stalking her just as she arrives in town, it falls to the single dad to protect her. But as clues lead in unexpected directions, can they uncover the truth...and survive to expose it?


Let me know the first line of the book closest to you and then head over to Hoarding Books to see who else is participating.





If you're a blogger or just a social media-er, we'd love for you to join us, too!




9 comments:

  1. Happy Friday!
    Today on my blog I am sharing the first line from More Than We Remember by Christina Suzann Nelson: https://christianfictiongirl.blog/2020/01/24/first-line-friday-120/. It's definitely an emotional read! I'm currently on chapter 16, so I will share the first line from there.
    "'Are you kidding me?' Emilia slammed down the phone."

    I hope you have an excellent weekend filled with fun reading time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good book. Thanks for sharing, Nicole!

      Delete
  2. Happy Friday! I’m sharing from Walkabout, by James Vance Marshall on my blog today. Here is the first line from chapter 2:

    “The advance guard of sunlight filtered into the gully, turning the night to powdery opaqueness.”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, nice visuals with that line! Thanks for sharing, Yvette!

      Delete
  3. Happy Friday!
    The book I shared on my blog this week is Veiled in Smoke by Jocelyn Green but the book I'm just about to start is The Printed Letter Bookshop by Katherine Reay so I'll share that first line here: "People parted around us in the courtyard." Hope you have a wonderful weekend with plenty of quality reading time! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have that Reay book in my pile, too. It's almost to the top of one of my piles :)

      Happy reading!

      Delete
  4. My first line is from End Game by Rachel Dylan:
    “I think they may be keeping dead bodies in their condo.”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great book! Thanks for sharing, Paula. Happy reading.

      Delete
  5. Happy reading, Jolene. I really liked that book. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete