Thursday, December 5, 2019

Thankful Thursday: His Encouragement #3



Welcome to Thankful Thursday: His Encouragement. I am blessed to be part of a group of bloggers who'll be sharing a bit of encouragement through Scripture verses. I hope this post blesses you as you finish the week and that you find peace, strength, and comfort in the Lord.




Life is stressful. Is it really possible to have perfect peace ... always, and not just when things are going smoothly? Yes, it is! But, to obtain it, we have to switch our focus from the things here on earth that increase our anxiety daily to the One who is peace. 

God never promised us a life without any problems, but He did promise to never leave us alone. He wants us to turn to Him. I know it's not always easy to do. I've worked a lot over the past few years to shift those worries to prayer and then let them go. I still fail at doing that far more than I'd like to admit. But, when I do it, I'm reminded of why it needs to be my go-to option. When I turn to God first, I feel a sense of peace ... one that only He can provide. Those little annoyances and stressors are temporary and ever-changing, but the Lord is the same yesterday, today, and forever. (Hebrews 13:8). He is the Rock we can stand on. His peace passes all understanding, and I want that--in fact, I need that--in my life.


What Scripture is encouraging you today? Share it in the comments.


You can check out more of His Encouragement from my fellow bloggers:

Trisha @ Joy of Reading
Jacquelyn @ A Heavenly Home
Andi @ Radiant Light
Becca @ The Becca Files

If you'd like to join us, please contact Trisha or Nicole

6 comments:

  1. "Those little annoyances and stressors are temporary and ever-changing, but the Lord is the same yesterday, today, and forever." Amen and amen! So beautiful. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Jacquelyn.

      Have a blessed day!

      Delete
  2. God is my eternal rock! I will trust in Him!!! Great post today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a message I really needed today. Thanks for sharing <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I need the reminder often.

      Have a blessed day!

      Delete