You're invited to receive God's truth for balance, hope, and transformation in the fully revised and redesigned The NKJV Woman's Study Bible. The new edition features a beautiful, full-color redesign and poignantly reveals the Word of God with Scripture insights and the contributions of more than eighty women from a wide variety of ethnic, denominational, educational, and occupational backgrounds. Special features designed to speak to a woman's heart appear throughout the Bible text, revealing Scripture-based insights about how godly womanhood grows from a woman's identity as a Christ-follower and a child of the Kingdom.
This spring, cultivate your heart's spiritual roots and enter to win the Grow in the Word Giveaway!
One grand prize winner will receive:
- A copy of The NKJV Woman's Study Bible (winner's choice of design)
- A decorative plaque
- A rose gold Tree of Life necklace
- full-color design throughout
- character profiles of over 100 biblical women
- in-text topical articles on over 300 life issues relevant to women
- essays written by women who are known as experts in their fields (theology, philosophy, biblical studies, and archaeology)
- outlines in introductions for each book
- quotes from various women throughout history
- topical index
- full-page maps
These features add to the understanding of the Bible, and I really appreciate and enjoy all of them. However, I particularly like the various ways this is tailored to women, such as the following:
- Character profiles: Women such as Eve, Abigail, Chloe, Deborah, Dinah, Sarah, Ruth, Martha, Mary Magdalene, and many others are featured. Some of the women are quite well known to many, but it was interesting to learn more about some of the lesser-known women who are just as important.
- Sections on life issues relevant to women: Numerous topics are included, so there is likely to be something that "hits home" with every woman. Some of the issues addressed are:
- Fear: Shutting God out
- Commitment: The bedrock of a relationship
- Gratitude: A thankful spirit
- Inheritance: Passing it on
- Envy: Discontent with what you have
- Communication: Exchanging ideas
- Fitness: A lifestyle of total health
I was also quite interested in these sections: "Flowers and plants of the Bible," "Vegetables of the Bible," and "Herbs of the Bible." I've read a number of versions of the Bible, and I've never seen these items pointed out before in such a clear way.
The Bible I have is the brown/burgundy leathersoft version. Overall, it is beautiful, with its floral box, softcover, gold-edged pages, fabric ribbon, and colored pages and maps. This is certainly one Bible to be treasured for many years to come.
Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy as part of the Litfuse blogger program, but I wasn't required to leave a positive review.