I like to keep things varied on my blog, so a couple Thursdays a month will now be called "Tasty Thursday." I'll be sharing a recipe with everyone. Feel free to post one of your favorite recipes in the comments.
Ham and Pineapple Skillet
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
½ cup finely chopped onion
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/3 cup honey
1 (20 ounce) can of pineapple chunks, drained, reserving juice
1 (15 ounce) fully cooked ham steak, cut in bite-sized pieces
1. Heat butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook onions until softened and translucent, about five minutes.
2. Stir in flour. Add reserved pineapple juice and honey. Cook until thickened, stirring constantly, about five minutes.
3. Stern pineapple and ham pieces. Reduce heat to medium-low.
4. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Uncover and simmer for five minutes.
5. Serve over hot, cooked rice, if desired.
Nutrition facts per serving: 250 cal, 6 g fat, 4 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 25 mg cholesterol, 200 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrates, 1 g fiber, 39 g sugar, 3 g protein