Friday, April 3, 2020

First Line Friday


Happy Friday! It's time for First Line Friday, hosted by Hoarding Books.

It's time to grab the book nearest to you and leave a comment with the first line. Today on First Line Friday, I'm featuring the latest release from The June Boys by Court Stevens.





And the first line is ...

You don't owe your truths to everyone.

About the book...

The Gemini Thief could be anyone. Your father, your mother, your best friend's crazy uncle. Some country music star's deranged sister. Anyone.

The Gemini Thief is a serial kidnapper, who takes three boys and holds them captive from June 1st to June 30th of the following year. The June Boys endure thirteen months of being stolen,hidden, observed, and fed before they are released, unharmed, by their masked captor. The Thief is a pro, having eluded authorities for nearly a decade and taken at least twelve boys.

Now Thea Delacroix has reason to believe the Gemini Thief took a thirteenth victim: her cousin, Aulus McClaghen.


But the game changes when one of the kidnapped boys turns up dead. Together with her boyfriend Nick and her best friends, Thea is determined to find the Gemini Thief and the remaining boys before it's too late. Only she's beginning to wonder something sinister, something repulsive, something unbelievable, and yet, not impossible:

What if her father is the Gemini Thief?



Let me know the first line of the book closest to you and then head over to Hoarding Books to see who else is participating.



If you're a blogger or just a social media-er, we'd love for you to join us, too!

13 comments:


  1. My book this week is Dead End by Nancy Mehl
    Chief of Police Everett Sawyer stood over the body they’d just dug up in the old rail yard north of the city.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have that in my TBR pile :)

      Happy reading! Stay safe, Paula!

      Delete
  2. Happy Friday! 🙂
    I'm currently reading Dead End by Nancy Mehl. I'm halfway through and I'm loving it so much. I'm on chapter 23, so I'll share from there:
    "Before Noah and Kaely left the restaurant, Noah called Chief Sawyer and told him about the note given to Kenny."
    Hope you have a great weekend filled with awesome reading time. 😊❤📖

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicole, that's a popular book :) It's in my TBR pile.

      Have a great weekend, and happy reading! Stay safe.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Friday!

    I personally didn't end up loving The June Boys when I read it, but I'll be interested to hear what you end up thinking about it.

    My first line this week comes from The Happy Camper by Melody Carlson:

    "Dillon Michaels was fed up-but it wasn't with dinner."

    Have a great rest of your weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've actually finished the book, and I didn't care for it either. I rated it 2 stars. here wasn't much character growth, and the dialogue felt stilted. I had a hard time connecting with the characters, and there wasn't as much action as I'd expected. :(

      I thought Melody's book sounded good. Happy reading!

      Stay safe!

      Delete
  5. Happy Friday! My first line is from "A Latte Difficulty" by Angela Ruth Strong:

    "Black is a good color for coffee, not bridesmaid dresses."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becky, I actually wore a black bridesmaid dress :)

      Happy reading, and stay safe!

      Delete
  6. Happy Friday! Today I'm sharing the first lines from The Piper's Pursuit by Melanie Dickerson: "Did Katerina dare to stay out hunting past dark?"

    https://moments-of-beauty.blogspot.com/2020/04/first-line-fridays-pipers-pursuit-by.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read that one, but I've enjoyed other books by Melanie.

      Happy reading! Stay safe.

      Delete
  7. Deep first line!
    Today on my blog I shared the first line from Before I Called You Mine by Nicole Deese but I just started reading The Joy of Falling by Lindsay Harrel so I'll share the first line from chapter 3 here: "Few places reminded her more of Brent than the Saturday-morning farmers market." Hope you have a great weekend with some quality reading time :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing!

    Thanks,Becca.I hope you have a great weekend, as well. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete