I have read many books by Joyce Meyer, and I always find her inspirational, so I really like this book. It’s a short book (easily portable, too!) filled with quotes from Meyer, and each quote is linked to a corresponding Bible verse. There’s one quote per page, and the adjacent page has the verse behind the quote. The illustrations are a nice addition to the verses and quotes, and they match the cover, as well. Scripture verses are primarily from the Amplified Bible, though a few other translations (NIV, NLT, and NKJV) are used. The book is to the point, but it also gives the reader a lot to ponder. So much positivity in this little book!
It was hard to narrow them down, but here are a few of my favorite quotes:
· “It isn’t what other people think of us that hurts us—it’s what we think of ourselves.”
· “Everyone wants to be an overcomer but nobody wants to have anything to overcome. You can’t have a testimony without a test!”
· “Don’t get your ‘who’ confused with your ‘do.’ Your true value is found when you fully understand who you are in Christ.”
· “God has given us an antidote for fear: When fear knocks on your door, send faith to answer.”
· “Courage is doing what you know you should do even though you feel afraid. DO IT AFRAID!”
Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy as part of the FirstWords Blogger Program, but I wasn't required to leave a positive review. #SponsoredbyFaithWords