Contest entry link...
Popkin’s latest provides an in-depth look at some of the famous “Control Girls” of the Bible. With statements such as, “I worry that everything is spinning out of control,” and “I just want to be sure of a happy ending,” Popkin’s latest is likely to be identifiable for many women. While it is not uncommon to do everything possible to get a desired outcome, more often than not, this pursuit leads to increased anxiety. The outcome? Instead of feeling in control, it generally results in anger or fear.
This book contains an in-depth look at seven women in the Bible. Each struggled with control in
some way. The women included are: Eve, Sarah, Hagar, Rebekah, Leah, Rachel, and Miriam. In addition to sharing these biblical stories, Popkin shares her own, as she is a self-proclaimed “control girl.”
The book contains Bible studies, as well as questions for personal reflection and meditation. The tips and ideas are practical. Numerous Scripture passages are included, which makes it easy to apply the lessons to daily life.
Some of my favorite quotes include:
- “Thoughts are powerful. What we believe shapes the direction we take in life. To change direction, we must change our thought patterns.”
- “As we try to control things we can’t control, we tend to lose control of the one thing we can — ourselves.”
- “We don’t always get to see God’s purposes. He asks us to trust him and to have faith.”
- “If it’s hidden, it’s out of our control.”
- “Fear is often what keeps us from relinquishing control.”
Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy as part of the LitFuse blogger program. I wasn’t required to provide a positive review.