You sit down at your desk and are ready to work. However, just when you are about to get started, you realize you are missing some basic supplies. Now, the time you had dedicated to writing will be spent running errands instead.
To help your precious writing time be productive, here is a list of items you should keep on hand and frequently monitor to ensure that they are available when you need them.
- Pens, pencils, and highlighters: Everyone has their favorite, so be sure that you do not run out. If possible, purchase these items in a pack. You may find that it is beneficial to keep certain colors for certain tasks. And if you like to use pencils, be sure you have a pencil sharpener as well.
- Sticky notes: I believe these are one of the greatest inventions ever! I use them all the time and have them everywhere. Bright colors may be beneficial to your projects. A different color could be used for each task to help you prioritize and organize things.
- Printer ink and paper: Again, this is something you may wish to purchase in bulk, especially the ink. You can often find good deals on printer paper, and it may be beneficial to buy an entire box to ensure that you do not run out.
- Paperclips: These little guys come in quite handy. For fun, I like the multicolored variety. One box can last you quite a while.
- Memo pads: I take a lot of notes! I have tablets of various sizes and colors all over my desk. I prefer the ones that are lined, but choose what works best for you.
- File folders: It is important to stay organized, so these can really help keep your desk and projects in order. As with the paperclips, I like the folders that come in various colors.
Don't let a lack of supplies be the excuse for not meeting your daily word count goal. Your readers need your supplies to be well-stocked so you can be productive. They want to get their hands on your next book!