Thursday, January 1, 2015


This is the time that many people choose to make a fresh start, whether it is with your health, relationships, jobs, etc. There is something exciting about the chance to begin again with a clean slate, which is what a new year seems to bring. It is a time to recommit and get encouraged once again.

A handful of select events can often taint one’s perception of the past year. Last year on New Year’s Eve, I read through the items in my Gratitude Jar. It helped me to realize that 2013 wasn’t as bad as I had remembered. This year, I chose to use a Gratitude Journal instead of the jar. Each day I tried to write down at least three positive things from that day. Over the past week I have been reading through the journal. Once again, it has given me a different perspective on the year. While a number of unanticipated events occurred, many of them were positive. Perhaps the biggest one was a giant leap of faith that I took at the beginning of December. I have yet to see exactly where it will lead, but I know that it was the right move to make. Change is always scary, which is why I (and many others) avoid it at all costs. However, change is a necessary part of life. Without it, there would never be any growth. I’m looking forward to the exciting opportunities that I know are awaiting me in 2015. Sure, I know that everything will not be rosy, but my attitude can still be positive. While it is sometimes difficult to remember, I have learned that everything truly happens for a reason (even though it may not be apparent at the moment).

I hope everyone reading this has a happy, healthy, and prosperous 2015. Will you be making any resolutions or goals? I know I will, as usual, and I’m sure I’ll even manage to keep a few of them! Stay tuned to my blog for reviews of fabulous books, editing and writing tips and motivation, and an occasional message from the heart.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!



No comments:

Post a Comment