Friday, May 1, 2020

First Line Friday




Happy Friday! It's time for First Line Friday, hosted by Hoarding Books.

It's time to grab the book nearest to you and leave a comment with the first line. Today on First Line Friday, I'm featuring the latest release from Amanda Stevens, From Sky to Sky.









And the first line is ...

Someone had better be dying.

About the book...

Zac Wilson can't die.


Daredevil Zac Wilson isn't the first celebrity to keep a secret from the world, but this might be the most marvelous in history: Zac doesn't age and injuries can't kill him. What's more, he's part of a close-knit group of others just like him.

Holed up in Harbor Vale, Michigan, Zac meets two more of his kind whoo claim others in their circle have died. Are their lifetimes finally ending naturally, or is someone targeting them — a predator who knows what they are?

The answers Zac unearths present impossible dilemmas: whom to protect, how to seek justice, how to bring peace to turmoil. His next action could fracture forever the family he longs to the unites. Now might be the time to ask for help… from God Himself. But Zac's greatest fear is facing the God he has run from for more than a century. 

Let me know the first line of the book closest to you and then head over to Hoarding Books to see who else is participating.






If you're a blogger or just a social media-er, we'd love for you to join us, too!







14 comments:

  1. Happy Friday!

    I've never heard of From Sky to Sky, but the synopsis sounds amazing!

    On my blog this week, I'm sharing the first line from Stay With Me by Becky Wade:

    "The hallway floor jolts downward beneath my feet, throwing me off balance."

    Hope you have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine is from the second book in the series. It would probably be best to read them in order.

      I haven't read Becky's book yet, but I've heard good things about it. Thanks for sharing.

      Happy reading, and stay safe!

      Delete
  2. Wow! That grabs your attention! Happy Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it sure does!

      Happy reading, and happy Friday. Stay safe!

      Delete
  3. This sounds so intriguing!

    Today on my blog, I'm sharing from The Water Keeper by Charles Martin. I just started reading Becoming Mrs. Lewis by Patti Callahan Henry; here's the first line: "From the very beginning it was the Great Lion who brought us together."

    Have a great weekend! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have that Martin book, but I haven't read it yet.

      Thanks for sharing and stopping by. Happy reading, and stay safe!

      Delete
  4. My first line is from a WWII book by Anne Greene: Angel With Steel Wings:
    December 1943- Camp Davis, North Carolina
    “Bad weather. Bad plane. Bad day. And I have a bad feeling.”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paula, I love WWII-era books. I haven't heard of that one, so I'll have to check it out. Thanks for sharing.

      Stay safe, and happy reading!

      Delete
  5. Happy Friday! 🙂
    Today on my blog I’m sharing the first line from Unveiling the Past by Kim Vogel Sawyer. I’m currently reading Masquerade at Middlecrest Abbey by Abigail Wilson. It’s awesome!!! I’ll share a line from chapter 3 here.
    “As with so many previous events in my life, my marriage proved the complete opposite of my dreams.”
    Isn’t that a fantastic line? The novel is filled with lines like this. So good!
    Have a great weekend! 🙂💚📚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great line, Nicole. I haven't heard of Abigail's book. I'll have to check it out.

      Happy reading, and stay safe!

      Delete
  6. Happy Friday!

    This sounds like an amazing read and that line!! Intriguing!

    Today on my blog I am sharing the first line form She Walks in Beauty by Siri Mitchell.
    “Get Dressed, Clara.”

    Happy Weekend!

    https://www.musingsofasassybookishmama.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read a few books by Siri and enjoyed them, but I haven't read that one. Thanks for sharing.

      Happy reading, and stay safe!

      Delete
  7. Happy Friday!
    Today on my blog I shared the first line from Hadley Beckett's Next Dish by Bethany Turner, but it's also my current read so I'll share the first line from where I'm at right now (chapter 18) here: "What was I thinking? What was I thinking? What was I thinking?" I'm loving the witty humor all throughout this one.
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen a lot of people posting about that book, Becca, but I haven't read it yet. I've read Bethany's other books, so I understand about the witty humor.

      Happy reading, and stay safe!

      Delete