Friday, February 7, 2020

First Line Friday




Happy Friday! It's time for First Line Friday, hosted by Hoarding Books.

It's time to grab the book nearest to you and leave a comment with the first line. Today on First Line Friday, I'm featuring the latest release (nonfiction) from Carolanne Miljavac, She Laughs.






And the first line is (from Chapter 1)...

I woke up late as usual to the sound of my mama threatening my life if I stayed in bed one minute longer: "Git up and git ready before I drag you out of bed by your ankle bone!"

About the book...

In the face of...
Poverty. Grief. Brokenness. Disaster. 
Hopeless Situations. Life's Struggles.
She Laughs!

Join CA Miljavac on a journey of joy.
She believes with all her heart that laughter is a gift, providing a sliver of distraction from whatever struggle you might be facing ... relief when you need rescuing ... hope in the midst of hardship.
Though her life has been dotted with disaster, it's through laughter that she found the strength and courage to persevere ... joy for the journey. And she'll help you discover all the ways laughter can carry you through your own painful situations. 
In ten laugh-till-you-cry chapters, Miljavac shares how laughter has been an essential and valuable part of her own healing, plus hilarious true stories will help you get started on the path to a life of peace and joy. 
She Laughs. And you can too!





Let me know the first line of the book closest to you and then head over to Hoarding Books to see who else is participating.



If you're a blogger or just a social media-er, we'd love for you to join us, too!

12 comments:

  1. Happy Friday!
    Today on my blog I am sharing the first line from The Blue Cloak by Shannon McNear: https://christianfictiongirl.blog/2020/02/07/first-line-friday-122/. I haven't started the book yet, so I will share a line from the novel I am reading with my Freshmen Honors class, Elsewhere.
    "The end came quickly, and there wasn't any pain."
    Hope you have an excellent weekend! 🙂❤️📚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That book's on my TBR pile. Thanks for sharing. Happy reading, Nicole!

      Delete
  2. Happy Friday! My first line is from "The Fifth Avenue Story Society" by Rachel Hauck:

    "Well this was a fine mess."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becky, I recently finished that book. I really liked it.

      Happy reading!

      Delete
  3. My first line is from The Blizzard Bride by Susanne Dietze
    “ Forgive my cryptic invitation to lunch, Miss Bracey, but I dared not go into detail on the chance your post was intercepted.”
    Happy reading this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good book, Paula. Thanks for sharing.

      Happy reading!

      Delete
  4. I shared a nonfiction book on my blog too (Stop Calling Me Beautiful by Phylicia Masonheimer)! Right now I’m reading The Solid Grounds Coffee Company by Carla Laureano; here’s the first line: “By all accounts, Suesca was haunted.”

    Have a great weekend! 😊📚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both books sounds good. Thanks for sharing, Jen.

      Happy reading!

      Delete
  5. This week on my blog I shared the first line from More Than We Remember by Christina Suzann Nelson but I'm currently reading The Fifth Avenue Story Society by Rachel Hauck so I'll share the first line from chapter 9: "The only thing worse than donning a rented tux on a Friday night so he could rub elbows with Manhattan's rich and infamous, was inviting a last-minute date." Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm currently reading "More Than We Remember," and I love it! I just finished Hauck's book. Both are quite good.

      Happy reading!

      Delete
  6. Happy Saturday! Today I'm sharing the first lines from When I Close My Eyes by Elizabeth Musser: "The lady come out of the bookstore -- it was all decorated for Halloween, all sizes and colors of pumpkins making faces at me from where I watched across Haywood Street in downtown Asheville."

    https://moments-of-beauty.blogspot.com/2020/02/first-line-fridays-when-i-close-my-eyes.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a good book! Thanks for sharing.

      Happy reading!

      Delete